Out of the many relationships that are created and maintained in the dental world, mentorship is one of the most vital and rewarding. A mentor can teach and provide the insight to their mentee that isn’t found both in and out of the classroom. Having someone who is working alongside you and is in the educational process as well can be beneficial throughout your journey. This one-on-one, individual relationship allows the mentor to provide personalized advice for their questions and issues as you both become professionals. This coaching can not only be key in your dental school development, but also be a good way to train yourself to being malleable in your associateship and beyond post-graduation.
Leadership too is an important part of your future in dentistry. As a dentist, you will be responsible for patient care, revenue production, and promoting effective communication among the staff, and there are several steps to take in order to become an effective leader in the practice.
Mentoring and leadership will be key learning objectives in our upcoming webinar that also covers the following:
- Defining a vision for the practice
- Ways to build relationships and foster trust among your future team
- Communicating effectively with staff members
- Developing your team through training (e.g., one-on-one, at staff meetings, CE)
- Effective team supervision and accountability